Aquamation is an alternate form of afterlife care service that is cremation through water. Unlike cremation by fire, aquamation is gentler and more eco-friendly, as aquamation uses only water and alkaline, which is a combination of sodium hydroxide and potassium hydroxide. This means there are zero direct emissions to the atmosphere, and less energy is used.
Like cremation by fire, aquamation reduces the body to its essential elements and ends with your pet’s remains – which are pure calcium phosphate – along with the wastewater used to decompose the body. The leftover remains and wastewater are additional differences between aquamation and fire-based cremation.
With cremation by fire, you can expect your pet’s remains to be mixed with other pets or for some remains to be completely lost during the burning. With aquamation, your pet is placed in a separate compartment so your pet’s remains are never mixed with other pets, and there is no chance of remains being lost because there is no burning with aquamation. This means you get 20 to 30% more remains.
As for the wastewater, it becomes sterile by the end of the cycle, meaning that any chemicals inside the pet’s body, such as chemotherapy chemicals, are no longer active. This is an eco-friendlier option than cremation by fire in that there are no direct emissions to the atmosphere due to the lack of fire and smoke.
At Gentle Pet Crossing, we can do almost any domestic animal from cats and dogs to rodents and birds.
The entire process, from start to finish, takes about a week.
- Gentle Pet Crossing either picks up your pet from the veterinarian or your home, or you can drop off your pet to us.
- We document your pet and give them an ID tag and number that we use to track them throughout the process.
- We also take a locket of your pet’s hair that you will receive with the urn.
- After one week, your pet’s urn and locket of hair are returned to you. You can either pick up your keepsakes from our location or at your veterinarian, or we can ship them to you for an additional charge.
Here are some of Gentle Pet Crossing’s services:
- In-home or on-site euthanasia
- Pickup at home or vet service
- Drop-off service
- The entire aquamation process
- Pre- and post-grief support
- Pet funeral services
At Gentle Pet Crossing, our aquamation pricing is based on the weight of your pet.
For a price, please contact Gentle Pet Crossing today.
Gentle Pet Crossing’s peaceful sanctuary and facilities offer a refuge for grieving families. Give your pet a peaceful, loving goodbye with a formal pet funeral, catered to your exact needs; we simply provide the space to do so.
Our beautiful indoor sanctuary space has wooden floors, living walls with vibrant plants and waterfalls next to comfortable couches and seating. Calming music plays throughout the facility to bring you peace and tranquility.
Our staff works by appointment for funeral services on Saturday or Sunday. Pay respect to your pet and their memory with Gentle Pet Crossing.